Thursday, May 28, 2015

Published Earrings In Belle Armoire Magazine.


Two years ago I received a convo from someone on etsy that was saying that:

 I am the assistant editor of Belle Armoire Jewelry, a publication that showcases handmade wearable art, accessories and artisan jewelry. I am contacting you on behalf of the managing editor, who has been perusing your Etsy site and absolutely loves your work. We both think your work could be a great fit in our magazine. We particularly like your Midnight Lake Earrings.  If you are unfamiliar with the publication, Etc...

Well, luckily I kew this particular magazine because I was just came back from New York and one of our " must do" thing in NYC with kids, is to go to Barnes and Noble in Union Square because we all like books but also the atmosphere in this particular book shop.
I was very excited to browse Belle Armoire and other jewelries magazine and I even saw one of my favorite jewelry designer Maire Dodd published work in it.
Oh yes I was a little familiar with Belle Armoire and I was very, exicted, touched and honoured that their loved my work. and even considering to publish my creation.
After the enthusiasm came the doubt and questions when I read their rules.

                    Hold a true friend with both hands. ~ African proverb

What if I am not , what if...??? but my dear friends Linda and Leah were there to support me. They stand at my side from the beginning to now.
Linda is always very positive and will always tell me with her smooth voice. You will be selected, don't worry,  it is normal you got stress, etc..., things a true friends say to each other :)

 I finally sent 3 pairs of earrings and a few week later, I received another email to let me know that all 3 pairs were selected to be published.


                                                                          Yay!!!

Then life goes on, I closed my shop for a year and half and I even forgot about those earrings and Belle Armoire till recently during one of my insomnia nights, It came across my mind.
What is good about insomnia is that you have thousand things that abound in your mind.


 “When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy.”  
 Rumi


Today I am very proud and honored to tell you that I have been published, among some very talented jewelry designers in this prestigious jewelry magazine.
 
Thank so much to my dear friends Linda and Leah for your constant support and for your help. Your are the best friends I ever had. :)
Love and Hugs to both of you. :)
Thank you to Belle Armoire Editor Cynthia Levine and her team.
 
 

                                                                                  ThE BeAuTy of MiNds

No doubt among the traits that separate man from the animal mask is one of the most prominent. Cover his face to hide the view of others acting towards each other is one of the many paradoxes that organize the need of the mask and complex concepts that underlie them.
The mask is thus justified by its dissimilarity, and there by his strength of appearance and disappearance. Before a face or face composite, mask is first reported to the invisible, supernatural.

Extract masterpieces of the Museum of Quai Branly.  MASKS

"The African mask is not the establishment of a human expression. It is an appearance ... The Artist don’t sculpt a ghost that he doesn’t know, it raises it by its geometry, his mask have  effect on look likes him in which he doesn’t look likes him; the animals are not animals: antelope mask is not an antelope, but the mind-antelope, and it is his style that makes it sense .

André Malraux, quoted by Jean Laude, The Arts of Black Africa.


"Everything you see has its roots in the unseen world. The forms may change, yet the essence remains the same"
                     Rumi

          MidNight LaKe



Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far. ~ West African proverb
 
 
 
 
  FuLaNi MuSSo II



“Only from the heart can you touch the sky.”  
                                                                                   Rumi

3 comments:

  1. Ohhh, my dear Solange, Congratulations!! Mind you, I'd be amazed if they hadn't published them, because they're absolutely stunning! I can't tell you how thrilled I am that you chose to submit pieces with my tiddlers in them, and for making them look SO hot!!!! Wonderful news, Cherie, I'm so happy for you. XXX:O) <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, like Petra, I had assumed you were already published. I know you create pieces that speak to you and all the rest (recognition and praise) is just a beautiful bonus :) Congratulations my dear Solange xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations! what wondeful news and the pieces you chose to submit are rich and imaginative. harmonious and intricate. beautiful! you work certainly deserves to be in baj, you are a talented woman - may you be there again.

    ReplyDelete