Monday, March 27, 2017

La discrète!

Here are another series of earrings, more in earth tone colors.
I know it is spring and everyone wants color in their life especially during this period of the year.
Personally, I don't wear a lot of colors!
I like to be discret, so I will wear more brown, Ivory and pastels.
Plus, colorful items looks uggly on me! :)
The other day, I felt the urge to buy a new trench coat because it was so warm and I almost passed out on the street from the heat in my winter jacket.
The only trench coats I like were in two different colors. But in effort to change from my style habit, I tried the colorful one and I scared myserlf to death. Lol
Even the sales woman agreed with me.
She was nice and politely said "we are not used to see you in such color"
However, I really like red and I look great with.
Even if these beauties are made with earth tone colors, you can't go wrong with them. Because they can be matched with most colors.


Ilozumba
 Ilozumba means distant from home is forgotten  
I like the earthy feel of this combination of materials.
A pair of slim rustic hoops in buff stoneware and fired with bronze and river rock glaze were the start of this design. I then added rustic handmade lampwork, handmade ashanti brass and I adorned it all with faceted black obsidian. I then wire wrapped them with my own oxidized pure copper wire.
Even with such neutral colors, you are sure to be noticed and the center of attention with this amazing pair of earrings!! :)

 
I love these ceramic droppers so much!
It was hard to capture the beauty of these drops in picture.
A pair of wing droppers,  hand formed in earthstone glacier porcelain, embedded with leaf skeletons, and fired. Coated with black slip to fill in the skeleton of the leaf, sanded down, and fired again. Coated with turquoise crackle glaze and fired. And finally a layer of mother of pearl lustre glaze which captures and becomes the center of attention on this pair of earrings. I simply stacked a small carnelian stones with the most beautiful color, nuggets of turquoise and sandwiched with very unusual handmade lampwork beads.
They will be surely be a part of your everyday life story and you will never grow tired of them!

 Imbiana
Imbiana means unity in song
It is always so wonderful to find lampwork beads that have a tribal feel!
I no longer buy lampwork beads. I think I have enough lampwork beads in my current collection to last me for the rest of my life! Lol
These beautiful handmade pair of tube shaped porcelain beads are fired with a coil of nichrome wire wrapped around and down each for a dramatic and beautiful effect then dipped in lovely glazes. Then I added a tribal flair lampwork bead adorned with a dots in a lovely shade of purple with a squiggle line in shades of ivory.  I added black silver spacers and round tibetan agate with a cream band.  
At the top of the earring I added a large loop of copper to finish the piece.  I really liked making this large loop to finish the pieces. I felt that it added some elegance while at the same time was eye-catching, which gave each a  nice finish.

As always, thank you so much for stopping by.  
Merci beaucoup. :)


2 comments:

  1. Each pair is so beautiful Solange. You always have the coolest findings! The names are wonderful too. I love dressing in neutrals, especially since they can all be mixed and matched creating new outfits. However I love color too. My wardrobe is all over the place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're really beautiful Solange, love the earthy tones and love red too, one of my favorite colors! Have a creative Sunday!!

    Hugs! xo

    ReplyDelete