Tuesday, May 10, 2016

After Beach Collection


It's been a while since I stopped by!!!
My inspiration for these designs came  from the ocean , sea, river, lakes, and the waters of our planet! 



I made this pair by sorting all my kuchi belly dance charms that I have been collecting for 6 or 8 years now. I used a pair of glazed hooped connectors which were hand formed in earthstone and fired with bronze clay and raku lime glaze.  I then dangled a variety of beads, from vintage to modern.


I love the indigo colour on this pair of earrings!


Yellow brass is hammered against an old railroad spike for a unique texture that is slightly curved then tumbled and treated with an indigo patina.  I simply topped the 2 inch by 9mm hammered Brass spears with a rustic blue denim handamade lampwork and a Tibetan pearl. 



Larimar stone and handmade sea inspired lampwork beads along with antique silver beads and chain.
I like the fresh tranquil soothing blues of Larimar, it reminds me of the Caribbean sea.
Did you know that Larimar can only be found in the Domican Republic?



I made this necklace very simple, which is not in my usual style, but this gorgeous lampwork bead didn't need much. I added red agate gemstones here and there to keep it simply stated.




As always, Thank you so much for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. These are all such beautiful designs. Now I am dreaming of the Caribbean! Someday I need to treat myself to some larimar. Such a lovely stone! I love those brass spear earrings. They would be so great with a white shirt and a pair of jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Miss Val's for your lovely comment and support.
    Have a wonderful Thursday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this "after beach collection" idea and it's so true, since you can't really wear jewelry at the beach, you're going to want to wear something pretty afterwards, we all do! Your pieces sooo very pretty, those kuchi earrings, yum. What kind of patina have you used for the brass earrings? It looks so natural, love the effect!

    ReplyDelete